Thursday, November 5, 2009

All About Steve


I had read recently that Sandra Bullock was reluctant to do anymore romantic comedies. She did 'The Proposal' earlier in the year only because she liked the script but here she goes again with another one.

I admit that most films I see have expectations attached. I am influenced by reviews and trailers that I see. This film is one that I had very low expectations for due to the number of people and reviews that did not like it. With this in mind I ended up liking it. I'm not saying it is a brilliant work of film making but neither is it the worst film ever made, which I was kind of expecting. I just found it to be a really pleasant comedy with a few good laughs. The plot is a bit unusual which I think is what I liked. The romantic comedy being one of my favourite genres I look out for films that try something different and this film does that. I enjoyed how it was not all that conventional and had some pretty quirky characters in it.

As I said I respond to things that are a little quirky so I really liked Sandra Bullock's character in this film. I think this is her best performance in a long time. I don't think I've seen her acting this crazy in a while. She was able to make the character endearing as well as socially awkward. I'm glad to see Thomas Hayden Church return to comedy after the seriousness of 'Spider-Man 3'. He is a great comedic actor. Bradley Cooper was ok, I did not think he was a very interesting character.

While not the greatest comedy out there and not the worst one either. If you just want a nice pleasant laugh then you should enjoy it. Probably best for DVD not worth seeing on the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment