Thursday, January 6, 2011

Heartbreaker


In my first film for 2011 I traveled to France specifically Monaco in this romantic comedy.

The only annoying thing about some French films is that as In watch them I cannot help but imagine what the inevitable Hollywood remake is going to be. I cast the film in my head (I have a good brother/sister pair of actors for this film) and pick locations. But it does not stop me from enjoying them. The plot is very predictable and you know exactly where it is going at every turn. So the joy is not in the destination but in the journey. The writers have crafted a very clever script that utilises some funny situations and has witty dialogue. Director Pascal Chaumeil certainly makes good use of the beautiful locations as well. The French have so many wonderful places right on their door step that they love to show off in their films.

Romain Duris is one of those actors who I'm surprised has not been in Hollywood yet (I've got a role in the remake of this film for him too). He is very versatile and can do both comedy and drama. He uses his charm and comedic talents here to great success. Sadly we have not seen much of Vanessa Paradis lately so it is nice to see her. She does nicely as the straight man to Romain's comedy.

Another delightful French comedy that is sure to be remade. Make sure you go see it. Let me know if you want my casting choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment