Thursday, May 5, 2011

Justin Bieber: Never Say Never

Pop sensation Justin Bieber has just been in Australia recently doing concerts. So I thought I would check out his film to see what all the fuss is about.

I've spoken before of my unusual musical tastes. I like songs and not really anyone artist. There is one artist who I love but generally I like a wide range of songs and musical styles. Justin Bieber's music is not something I care much for. I agree he is a good singer but none of his songs have any interest for me. I was interested in seeing this film to find out about the boy behind the music. I must say that I was disappointed. This is a very well put together documentary/concert film but it does not reveal anything especially interesting about him. It is the type of film that preaches to the converted. A film for his fans and not for those who may want to learn more about him. The biggest disappointment though is that we don't hear from the boy himself. All the interviews are with friends and family. I would have liked to hear what Justin thinks of all the hype and pressure that is going on around him.
The jury, I think, is still out on Justin Bieber. He has only been around for a couple of years now and if he is really as talented as people think he is then we need to wait a few years and see if he is still as popular or if his young teenage audience has moved on to the next sensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment