Monday, February 22, 2010

Law Abiding Citizen


Gerard Butler has been a very busy boy lately. He has been in quite a few films recently and has got more coming soon.

I watch a fair few legal TV shows. One thing that is popular in those shows is when lawyers think they are loosing a case will try and do a deal to get their client less time in jail if they feel the client is innocent. I don't think I've seen it happen where a prosecutor will do it to make his hot rate higher. With all this deal making going on it surprises me that this type of revenge thriller has not been seen before. Most of the time people will take out the revenge on the killer not the people who put him/her away. I found the premise quite intriguing and it is handled quite well. There is a great deal of fun in the way Clyde sets up various traps and scenarios to get back at those involved. My only minor complaint would be Clyde's background. I would have liked him to be less experienced.

I am a fan of Gerard Butler and his skill at being versatility at being able to do a variety of roles. He can move effortlessly from comedy to drama to action and back again. I liked here how he can easily go from being sweet and innocent to cold blooded killer. Jamie Foxx on the other hand is not someone that impresses me all that much. I think he is an excellent actor he has done a couple of great roles but as a whole does not 'wow' me. Here he is very good but not great.

A very nice little thriller that will keep you very entertained. Much better than you might expect. However not for the squeamish.

No comments:

Post a Comment