Saturday, February 16, 2013

Movie 43

It only coast around $6 million but features a big all star cast. That is a major feat in itself. But then there is the film.
It is a type of film that we sadly do not see anything of any more, that is a sketch comedy film. The most beloved of these is 'The Kentucky Fried Movie' which was made in the 1970's. I wish there were more of them made. Which is why I thought this film was hilarious. Perhaps because it is a style we do not see anymore is why this film is not very popular despite the fact that it has an all star cast. I admit that this is an unconventional film but that is why I like it. There is also the hit and miss nature of doing this type of thing but form me there were more hits than misses. The first segment with Kate Winslet and Hugh Jackman on a first date is hilarious and features the one of the most disturbing images on screen. The other favourite is a parody of a tampon commercial. The connecting story is quite funny as well. There was one segment involving a girl getting her first period that was a bit of a worry but I did find myself laughing at most of it.
I have great admiration and respect for every actor who appears in this film. There are some like Anna Faris, Johhny Knocksville or Sean William Scott who normally appear in a film like this, but it is the bigger names who I have the respect for. Kate Winslet is brilliant. What Hugh Jackman does to his image is risky but it pays off with one of the most hilarious images I have seen on film in a long time. Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber are also hilarious. I never knew Naomi could do comedy like this. Richard Gere has done comedy before but not as strange as this and I love him for that. Halle Berry once again does some of her best work by showing her breasts.
I know it will not be to everyone's tastes but this is by far and away one of the funniest films I've seen in a while. See some of the world's most popular actors in situations you would have never thought you'd see them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment