Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse


The saga continues. Bella continues to make her mind up over who she really wants to be with. A shirtless wolf or a sparkly vampire.

For those who read my review of 'New Moon' will know that I'm not a big fan of this series. I like my vampires to be vicious, nasty animals and not sweet, sparkly softies. This film does not do anything to endear me to the series any more. I found this film to be quite boring with all the back and forth over which guy Bella will choose.I'm not sure if it is because they are supposedly having an off screen romance, but to me the chemistry between Bella and Edward looks more believable than between Bella and Jacob. I don't know what spark of interest Jacob sees that makes him think Bella is interested in him. It did however get a little bit interesting with the arrival of the bad vampires and the battle at the end. But that did not make up for all the ordinary relationship stuff that goes before it. I found some of the background stories that they flashback to a bit interesting.

The material here is not that conducive to a very good performance. I think the actors make a pretty good job of the ordinary story. Of the new players I was quite pleased to see Aussie Xavier Samuel make his Hollywood debut. Finally we have a nasty vampire in the story. Bryce Dallas Howard is OK but is not given very much to do in the film.

Again this is only for the fans. I don't think that if you have not seem the other films then you will be interested in seeing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment