Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hotel Transylvania

The last time Adam Sandler did voice work for an animated film was 10 years ago for the film 'Eight Crazy Nights'. I think this film will be more successful for him.
A frustrating thing I find with lots of films is that they set up an interguing premise but then do not make it into an intreguing film. That is definately the case here. Having all of the classic movie monsters coming together is a very good idea. But sadly there is not a good story to bring them together. It seems some film makers think that animated films need a child character in them so as kids can relate to them. I don't think that is true. There is also the idea that all these monsters are so scared of humnas that they need a place to hide out. I'm willing to accept that humans can be bad, but the whole idea of these monsters is that they are worse and more scary. I also did not find the jokes or humour very funny. There were many obvious jokes that I did not find very clever.
Adam Sandler does a very good as Dracula. I think his accent was well done. As usual he has gathered all his friends to provide the voices for the other characters. They are not particularlly great but then they do not have all that much to work with.
Younger audiences might get a bit of a laugh out of this animated effort. While it does not make me hate Adam Sandler anymore it does not make me like him either.

No comments:

Post a Comment